Hello friend! Whatever brought you here, whether you found me through a pin on Pinterest, stumbled onto my Instagram or just happened to be searching for real life mermaids, I’m really glad you’re here!
Is Jadesamermaid right for you?
- Are you a vegan or considering veganism but have no idea where to start or if it’s even right for you?
- Do you find it difficult to create healthy, budget-friendly meals on a daily basis?
- Do you feel like you want to be vegan but you’re struggling with what seems like everything? This could be from finding a cruelty free deodorant or simply discovering vegan friendly food in your local restaurants?
- Or maybe you’re a vegan and you’re ready to arm yourself with more knowledge and confidence so that you can tell those “where do you get your protein?” idiots where to stick it?
If you answered yes to one or more of the questions… WELCOME TO JADESAMERMAID.COM!
How did it all start?
I created Jadesamermaid.com in 2016 to share my passion for living a vegan lifestyle. After years of trial and error, I wanted to cut the shit and show others how easy and affordable being vegan can really be.
When I first became vegan a few years ago there wasn’t a lot of resources for newbie vegans, and the blogs & magazines I did find required money for a crazy list of ingredients & 5 star cooking skills… and I had neither!
Most vegan blogs I found were full of recipes, and although I love cooking vegan food, none of the blogs made it seem easy or affordable to live a vegan lifestyle. And as a student at the time, being vegan just didn’t seem possible, and that’s how ©Jade’sAMermaid began!
I wanted to create a place where you can feel empowered and motivated to become/stay vegan. My aim is to show people that being vegan doesn’t have to be expensive, stressful or inconvenient. With budget friendly vegan recipes, motivational tips & a shit ton more helpful information, I’m confident you’ll find something here that’s helpful, inspiring and hopefully life changing!
Who the heck is Jade?
HEY! I’m Jade, I’m a 24 year old blogger / globetrotter / graduate / foodie / optimist / VEGAN.
I became aware of veganism in 2014 after stumbling upon a few documentaries on Netfix about the meat & dairy industry (at the time, I was suffering from a bad case of food poisoning). Needless to say it changed the way I look at & feel about my food. I grew up as a carnivore and never thought twice about what I was putting into my body. So as a 21 year old woman, I began educating myself and opening my eyes to a world of cruelty and disease I never knew existed.
I am so grateful I discovered veganism because it gave me an opportunity to look at life from a different perspective, which has benefited other parts of my life. I know veganism has changed so many lives, and I want to be part of a world that helps others discover the benefits of veganism & conscious living!
What’s in it for you?
- Content to help, motivate & inspire you on your vegan journey!
- A friend who will support you 100%. You can contact me at any time here or through social media @jadesamermaid. I’m always up for a good chin wag, and I love it when people reach out to me, even if it’s just to say hi!
- Freeeeeebies! Right now you can snag your own FREE vegan smoothie guide “50 budget smoothie recipes”.
- Subscribe to Jade’s A Mermaid for exclusive content, updates & more freebies directly to your inbox.